An exciting and rare opportunity on the CPM Gas Networks Ireland account to join the team at a management level.
Reporting to the CPM Account Manager, the Regional Sales Manager role is a critical position that provides leadership, management and development across the CPM GNI sales Team.
The RSM is responsible for implementation, and ongoing improvement of, the sales process, as well as identifying and delivering training needs (gas technical, appliances and sales). The RSM manages the overall sales funnel for each sales channel, and drives high levels of quality, compliance and reporting excellence across the Team.
Additionally, the RSM is responsible for delivering operations, customer service and commercial excellence along with a system and process sales focus.
- Excellent basic salary
- Company car & fuel card
- Commission structure
- Laptop, tablet & mobile phone
- Daily expenses (lunch, parking and tolls)
- Flexible working hours with a high degree of autonomy to manage own time
- Additional Annual Leave allowance
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
The Primary Responsibilities for This Role Are:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of revenue and volume sales targets
- Coach, train, mentor and develop our sales representatives so that we maximize all opportunities. Approximately 50% of the working week will be spent in the field with the sales team.
- Manage the full cycle sales process to deliver sales success on an on-going basis throughout the year
- Devise and implement sales management processes to drive success of individuals and the business
- Work with the client to strengthen relationships, generate new business opportunities and obtain referrals
- Manage efficient journey planning & scheduling of meetings to maximize effectiveness across the sales team
- Accelerate sales cycles, demonstrate best sales practice and close sales through field trips.
- Optimize ongoing marketing, publicity and PR events to increase base sales.
- Ensure all reps are using the sales process as it was intended by GNI and to deliver the correct level of coaching to ensure a consistency of world class performance from all reps.
- Ensure that each sales rep has a clear understanding of each of the KPI’s that they are ranked and paid on.
- Ensure that the sales rep is fully equipped and motivated to achieve world class standards across every portion of their role which will be measured against these KPI’s.
- Effectively control training of sales reps in order to achieve the agreed sales strategy across all specified channels.
- Develop, implement and review individual KPI’s in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Liaise with the Account Manager on day to day operations, and report on all projects on a weekly basis, including updates and insights on team performance, competitive activity and trade trends.
- Review, approve and manage expenses and annual leave
- Planning and conducting group-training programs for sales reps on the basis of identified needs.
- Induction training, onboarding and offboarding of sales reps as required
- Create a sales plan which will build a pipeline of both proactive and reactive opportunities within the identified sales channels
- Provide sales reports and forecasting information using the CRM system
- Work closely with the key client stakeholders on a day to day basis.
- Weekly, fortnightly and monthly scheduled team meeting management
- Team updates and individual coaching as required
- Other duties as required
Required Experience & Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience managing and/or coaching successful field sales teams in the business and/or energy/utility sector
- Experience providing direct coaching and development support to a field sales team
- Strong IT Skills. Be comfortable working with Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook, and preparing presentations on Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable knowledge and insight of the Irish energy market
- Exceptional track record of delivering on sales targets and sales KPIs
- Confident communicator across all media types; able to motivate and influence others
- Excellent time management to effectively balance the requirements of functional management processes with infield team support
- Natural focus on results and creating a team culture and structure that delivers consistent levels of performance and success
- Work on own initiative and continually looking for ways to improve sales performance and processes
- Positive mindset with a solution-based approach to challenges as they arise
- Strong analysis and judgement skills to prioritise and focus energies where it will provide the best return for CPM and the client
- Full driving licence
- Field management experience within the energy/utility market
- Experience creating and communicating KPI led sales plans
- Understanding of the GNI portfolio and wider Irish energy market
- Experience using and training the use of a CRM tool
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to create and build positive relationships
- Strong written skills for preparing training materials, sales plans and reports, and management/client insight and analysis feedback
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence colleagues and peers at all levels of the organisation
Measures of Success
- 100% KPI target achievement monthly, including sales volume, average and quality, headcount, retention, active rate and sales compliance
- On time, accurate reporting of activity, sales, leads and pipeline
- Deliver appropriate and value-add feedback on a regular basis to the relevant personnel to underpin continued progress towards the agreed plan
- Excellent results on both the client and employee annual engagement surveys, reflecting the culture, morale and performance of the team
- Support the CPM senior management to identify and win new business opportunities across the client portfolio
- Identify and implement one new or improved way of working each quarter which will add value to the client and/or improve CPM ways of working