An exciting and rare opportunity on the CPM Gas Networks Ireland account to join the team at a senior sales level.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) Technical Consultant/Sales Engineer role is a critical position that provides strong technical support to the GNI New Connections sales teams.
The main purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise and advice on all types of energy appliances and applications including; boilers, heat pumps, heat exchangers, mechanical ventilation, CHP technology, district heating systems and renewable energy sources etc.
As part of your role you will also advise on domestic and commercial building regulations (including reference to renewable contribution), energy performance and will develop detailed technical case studies on various energy solutions. You are also responsible for delivering, through end to end project management, key innovation projects from start to finish, identifying new applications, continuous improvement led by a digital mindset, as well as researching & developing new technologies complimenting natural gas & Gas Networks Ireland’s Vision 2050 decarbonisation strategy.
- Excellent Salary DOE & Commission
- Company Car & Fuel Card
- Phone & Tablet
- Expenses & Lunch Allowance
The Primary Responsibilities for This Role Are:
- Negotiate and influence at various levels for support in the energy market for all natural gas applications.
- Provide technical support to the sales team on building regulations, research & development, media publications and stakeholder engagement (including but not limited to public bodies such as the SEAI & Local Authorities & energy industry/market stakeholders).
- Engaging with key stakeholders such as developers, consultants, potential customers, local authorities, public sector bodies, vendors and other key stakeholders as applicable.
- Assist with technical sales training and coaching of the sales team to develop their technical skills.
- Perform detailed analysis using specialised DEAP & NEAP (Domestic & Non-Domestic Energy Assessment Procedure) software for clients and demonstrate effective solutions to customers, consultants and assessors to meet the building regulations/NZEB requirements.
- Developing relationships with independent appliance vendors and their agents, mechanical contractors, consultants, customers and public bodies (including but not limited to the SEAI & Local Authorities).
- Identifying new sales leads and supporting the sales teams through the use of CRM & Maximo systems.
- Develop on-line technical functionality, communicating with clients/customers via digital interface to support customer technical queries in real-time.
- Keeping up to date on new products/applications on the market and provide training for sales team.
- Preparation and participation in trade shows, energy forums and relevant energy-related conferences to continuously promote natural gas and renewable gas.
- Content sourcing, drafting/writing and editing brochures, testimonials, technical manuals, case studies and business cases
- Weekly reporting on activity via CRM.
- Bringing leading practice methodology to problem solving for client.
- Project Manage Gas Innovation Fund applications on behalf of the New Connections sales team.
- Other duties as required from time to time.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years BER assessor qualification/experience to analyse DEAP & NEAP software for clients.
- Third Level Degree in an Engineering discipline as a preference or equivalent qualification and a minimum of 5 years technical sales experience.
- Previous experience dealing with engineers, architects, energy customers, commercial entities, public bodies, builders/developers and building contractors.
- Proficiency in building regulations and working knowledge of Part L Specifications is essential
- Ability to perform BER assessments and provide detailed reports to client
- Demonstrate evidence of recent research produced showing technical content, product case studies and product application content.
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements, and propose and implement solutions
- Highly motivated individual with strong leadership and technical problem-solving skills and high level of computer literacy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet time critical deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to set own high standards of performance and delivering desired results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to create and build positive stakeholder relationships
- Strong written skills for preparing presentations to stakeholders