This new role is designed support the CPM Ireland Finance function to complete the outsourcing of transactional processing and financial reporting activities to the CPM UK shared service centre.
The main focus of this role is to review the existing processes within the organisations’ Finance structure to (i) document and optimise process mapping of future ways of working; (ii) develop plan to outsource part of the process; and (iii) support the implementation plan for same.
The Primary Responsibilities for This Role Are:
The Project Manager is expected to lead the management and execution of projects throughout the full project life cycle from initiation to closeout.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation and optimisation of accounting process to support offshore transfer of elements of process
- Development of implementation plan and support execution of same
- Support the implementation of structures to support offshoring of activities
- Lead the development of SLA’s and control structures to manage the outsourced service provider
- Accountable for meeting key project deliverables for financial management, schedule management and scope management across these projects.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Liaise with the CPM group infrastructure to ensure all are stakeholders aligned and support project deliverables.
- Develop Concept and Business Case information in collaboration with project sponsor and end user
- Working with the finance team to understand and clarify their requirements, develop scope, cost and budget estimates and present to the sponsor for approval
- Leading & supporting project teams through the process
- Budgetary oversight – develop project budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope.
- Risk Management – Consider the potential impact the project will have on the business should it cause an interruption and identify appropriate actions plans to mitigate risk.
- Project execution plan – Generate and deliver a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
- A minimum of two years’ experience leading a similar project
- Strong competence with project management and process mapping tools is required
- Lean Sigma Six experience or certification would be extremely advantageous
- A background in Accounting, or significant experience on a similar Finance/Accounting project is highly desired
- Experience dealing with the offshoring of processes is highly desired
- Demonstrated understanding of project management process
- Experience using PeopleSoft
- Demonstrable people management skills or experience managing cross functional project teams